faith

Hello there, finally breaking from my social media fast and I'm going to share my "testimony" so bear with this long post. 

It was a good 30+ days break from social media, not needing to care about what the world thinks of me or how I would like to portray my life as. This break made me realised a lot which I'm going to share with you now. 


Before I started this social media fast, my life was hitting pit bottom but no one knew. Showing daily snapshots, only instagram-ing the "happening moments" of my life. I spent 6 months struggling, struggling with my identity after being cast by judgements. Breaking down each night while filling myself up with insecurities, guilt and shame - wanting to hide myself from God as I can't face him. I accumulated every single thing until one fine Sunday I broke down in church after a service - totally uncool but yeah that was my breaking point where I realised I really needed God and it was at that point where I surrender everything into his hands as I couldn't go on to face anyone anymore. 


From that point, I grow deeper in the Lord and found my security in him. He showed me that he is in control. He loves me despite of how garbage I am. I am so every thankful for the work Christ has done on the cross, for me to experience his love and give thanks with a grateful heart as I'm so filthy & unworthy. 


God never once left even in the darkest hour. Thank you to those individuals who were God's vessels who invested in my life even though you didn't know I was going through a really rough time. It's really God's timing to have you in my life which I'm still really amazed at. Thank you for being a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, my daily reminder to read the gospel (s/o to u two who reads my daily devo), for loving me and showing me that there's a greater love than what you can offer (for pointing me to Christ instead of letting me find comfort in you) and for reaching out your hand to me and integrating me back into the community when I was starting to be comfortable being lonerie hurhur, and for being an encouragement which kept me going. Those little actions mean a lot as it pushed me to where I am today. 


Being a Christian doesn't mean that I am perfect or I'm better than others. I carried that pain & deception to the point of self destruction so.. I apologise if I have ever done it said things which hurt you and I hope you will forgive me. And I pray that we will continue to preserver on through the whole sanctification process till the day Christ comes back where glorification happens so we can enjoy that intimacy with God once again. 


You guys know who you are and I'm so ever thankful for everything. Taking a step of faith to continue this journey with others - thank you for not condemning me as I shared my past & I pray that you'll continue to focus on the eternal things instead of the temporal ones which you see in the world. I love you and I pray that we will continue to journey in together till eternity. 


Thank you for reading! #xiaoblessed ✨

Comments

Popular Posts